Thursday, June 12, 2008

Summer Plans

We don't usually travel during the summer months due to crowds, heat and high prices (unless I find a great deal). Josh is in his last year at LAUNCH summer school which is the month of July and it's at the inconvenient time of 12:45 to 3:45 pm Monday to Friday. I wasn't planning anything big except trips to Soak City and maybe a San Diego weekend but Hector and I were batting ideas around last night. Like an anesthesiolgy CME program in Hawaii or a 3-4 night cruise to Baja Mexico.

Hector called me this morning to check his calendar for August. The CME program wouldn't work since he works all that week so I was to check into the cruises and find one suitable for us. I tried a certain website that specializes in cruise and finally decided on a 5 night cruise to Mexico that departs from San Diego and goes to Cabo and Ensenada. But that bleepin website kept saying error, your session has expired so I tried several times inputting all of my info and getting that stupid message. I gave up on it, tried Expedia and found the same cruise offered for the same price. I tried booking it online but it said to call, which I did and got a very nice rep named Nadia. She took all of my info and explained all of the cabins details plus answered my questions. She said we could get a past customer discount through Carnival if I had our Carnival customer number or phone number. Our phone didn't show up but she put me on hold for a bit and when she came back, Nadia said she called Carnival to get our numbers. Wow, that saved us a $100 which we can use on drinks. Yay. Overall it was a pleasant experience dealing with her and now we are booked. Yippeee!

We live near the LA and Long Beach harbor where the cruise ships come in so the kids have announced they want to go on the ships and now we will. They will be so very excited. Of course we will be going out of San Diego but that will be a short 2 hour drive.

We will be in close living quarters but the ship will be our playground so that should be lots of fun. I'm sure that they will enjoy the kids program and pools so what else will they ask for. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment