Saturday, February 23, 2008

Weekly Wind Up

Another week has come to an end and we're excited that Hector will be coming home tonight. Miraculously, I survived with both kids thanks to a couple of mini-breaks provided by my mom. Tyler has a cold with the usual stuffy nose, hoarse voice and cough. It doesn't seem to slow him down any and I'm trying to convince him if he stopped talking his voice will get better. ;)

Today is another hockey game and this time Josh will come with me. I even found one of Tyler's Kings jerseys so he is set. I also managed to whip up a black and purple beanie for him. Maybe he will get to see himself on the jumbotron. Look for us at 1pm.

On Sunday I'm planning to take my friend Sherri up to Mt. High to teach her how to snowboard. She has taken the initiative and got a couple of books from the library on how to learn the basics. I approved one book that explained in detail and with pictures on the basics. A couple of days later she came over to try on some boots and strap on a snowboard to slide around on and get some pointers. It was nice for her to be able to understand the book by working with the real thing so she should be totally ready tomorrow. I predict that she'll master the beginner slope in record time unlike another "beginner" I know.

I asked Hector to pick up some cool yarn for me in Tahoe and of course, he did. I am really trying to get going on socks so I asked for sock yarn. He bought several for me which he was told that it is not carried in LA so I'm very curious. It'll be my first step into more upscale yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment