Sunday, February 17, 2008

Home Alone






I'm a single mom this week...Hector left for Tahoe this morning with M and A. I already miss him but he deserves his time off too. Last night we were scrambling trying to get things ready for his trip while finishing up things at home too. Stuff like the ski racks for the truck had to be retrieved from the storage space, oh and helmets. Clean out the truck to make room for everything. Sort through mounds of all our snow gear and put away or packed in the appropriate bag. Playing in the snow and winter sports are so much fun but man, all that gear takes up so much room.






Then a little past noon, Hector returned my phone call ( I assumed they had stopped for lunch). He said there was a big accident on the 5 (past the Grapevine)where a car lost control and flipped over about 3 or 4 times in the center area between the lanes. They stopped to help the passengers and Hector dragged a woman out of the car. I don't have any more info but the CHP arrived and the people were not seriously injured that we know of. Pretty scary.




Well, the guys arrived safe and sound while I've been hanging out with the boys. Kat and her cousin Heather came over to have a girls Guitar Hero day. I planned to make a Shepherd's Pie that I got from Rachel Ray and her 30 minute meals. It came out pretty good. What really made it yummy was all the bleu cheese in the mashed potatoes. Heather made a delicious apple pie for dessert. Those two went at Guitar Hero all day and it was lots of fun. I was an onlooker this time since my wrist was feeling up to it. That reminds me that Kat has been on the lookout for a Wii and even Heather joined in helping in hunting for the hard-to-find Wii. Well, yesterday we happened to be in Cucamonga visiting Hector's mom and sisters. After lunch, Hector asks if I want to go to Longs to do some errands so I agree. We finished that and stopped by Loop's place to say hi. Hector mentions we were going to Best Buy to replace a DVD player at his mom's so L goes with us. Once we get there, L and I go and check out Bluetooth headsets because in July we're gonna need them in the car so I pick one out. We find Hector in the video game section and he mentions casually that this store has Wiis. WHAT?








Yeah, they're in the case so I get one for Kat while Hector got the other one for a co-worker. We couldn't believe it! We found not 1 but 2 Wiis. I called Kat right away and told her the good news. Talk about screaming and squealing...she was thrilled. So that was a nice surprise to add to her visit. I mean, she bought Guitar Hero for the Wii about a week ago, before she could find the Wii to play it on! Goofy girl.




Anyway, the kids have Monday off so I am really hoping to sleep in. Tyler needs to finish a school project then he and I have a mom-son date tomorrow night at the Kings game. Oh man, I'll have to bring my big camera since Hector took mine on his trip. Tyler will probably get bored but I hope he'll have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment