Friday, February 15, 2008

Takin Care of Business

You better sit down for my news....I finished that dreaded 2nd sock! Yahoooo! I enjoy the process now that I went through it and think the 2 socks at a time on 2 circulars are the way to go for me. I understand the anatomy of the sock and the mystery of how they are constructed so I will give socks so more chances. I do have another pair in the foot stage (endless knitting) so of course I started yet another pair. Why do I do this? I have no idea. I guess it gives me more options because some days I feel like knitting something a bit more challenging while other days I like mindless knitting. Anyway I'm just glad that Hector doesn't give me grief about my hobby. He just looks at me as I show him my latest project. ;P It's been a year since I started my obsession; I've taken over several drawers in the extra bedroom for yarn and an entire bookshelf row with my knitting books and patterns.



We didn't have any special plans for Valentine's Day like we last year. First of all, Tyler had Little League practice and Hector didn't know how long he would be stuck at work. Then yesterday morning we woke up to unexpected rain and quite a bit of it so that cancelled baseball practice. Then Hector showed up at the park when I was there to pick up Tyler from school. He showed up with 2 cards for me which had my 2 favorite breeds of dogs, a French bulldog and Boston terrier. Inside one card, Hector listed his Top 10 Reasons Why He Loves Me. Awww, he put a lot of time into writing it and it was perfect. It made me teary eyed and it was better than any present in the world. Okay, back to our day. Since Hector is leaving Sunday for his Tahoe trip, he really wanted to replace my mom's water heater. This heater was way overdue to be replaced; Hector estimated it was installed around 1994. My mom was starting to get no water flow in her bathroom sinks, then the kitchen and washing mahine. Hector found calcium buildup and cleared them out which he showed my mom how to do but the problem just kept getting worse and more frequent. He finally figured that the water heater was the culprit and needed to be replaced. So that's what he did last night. I went to KFC to pick up dinner for all of us and we had a nice meal at my mom's place.

I think the lower sock is the most recent. The problem I had was keeping the socks uniform...you can see the difference in sizing.





This is the pair where I'm knitting 2 at a time. The socks are much more alike since I knit them at the same time so I'm being consistent.





Here is the very beginnings of the pair I cast on today. I decided to use Marine Heather Palette because of the pretty blue, green and purple. Well see how it goes and maybe I'll keep this pair for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment