Saturday, February 02, 2008

New Challenges





It's not totally official since Hector hasn't notified his boss but he will be going to Kaiser. He feels bad about leaving the group in a tight spot but he need to think of his family and job security/future. The good news is that Kaiser is only about 4 miles from our house and eventually when he is offered a full time position, he'll receive all sorts of benefits.



Yesterday was a fun yet tiring day... I'm not sure why I stay up so late when the kids are off school the next day especially when I have to wake up at my normal time anyway. I started off okay energy-wise but starting feeling the effects later on. The kids and I met up with Sherri and her family for some serious playtime at Kids Concepts. They played nonstop for 2 1/2 hours running and climbing etc.



Then I had the chance to meet up with T for an adult meal at Joe's Crab Shack for some yummy crab legs. They were soooooo good. Yum. After that we found the closest Sephora store where I got to browse (kid free) and I bought a Bare Esscentuals kit to do my face in 5 minutes. So I try it out this morning and the eye shadow is missing! Grrr...so I went back today to exchange it and this kit has all the right items inside.

When I arrived home yesterday, Hector had finished taking all our Christmas lights down and the pickup was packed with stuff that needed to go to storage and the secondhand store. Hector convinced me to go along with him although I was dead tired. We drove down to Long Beach to Out Of The Closet to drop off one of Tyler's old bikes and some CD racks. Then we decided to check out the store and maybe we can find some turtles (my MIL collect thems). Hector did find one and I happened upon a Ralph Lauren light gray sweater (men's XL) that is 100% wool for $8. Hmmm, I remember reading how to unravel a thrift store sweater that can be recycled into another knit project. Heck, for $8 I'll give it a shot! It will a valuable learning tool and maybe it'll be fun. I can see it now that I'll be trolling all the neighborhood thrift stores and garage sales for cheap sweaters. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment