Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Doggie Shrug

I don't restrict my knitting to humans so this project is devoted to the dogs. I found a free pattern that I will reference later and added some modifications. The first one I made was way too small for Kat's Pomerainian who was extra puffy with all her fur, the sleeves were too long and narrow and the edging didn't appeal to me. So my 2nd attempt came out much better. I found some purple yarn in my stash and changed the edging to a simple rib and left the edging off the sleeves.






Doesnt' Cece look adorable? She wasn't very cooperative in modelling it but I managed to get these decent pics. Kat was very pleased and now Carol (Kat's mom) wants one for her Rottie/Shepherd mix Bobbie. Uhhhhh, I'm not too sure about knitting a human size sweater for a dog but we'll see. Meanwhile, Josh had loads of fun with Bobbie...here he is pretending she is a horse.



***Update: here is the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment