Tuesday, February 26, 2008

more socks




I don't think I posted the other pair of sock that I finished the other week but here they are. They came out a bit small so I had Tyler try them on and they fit perfectly! He said he really liked the socks but I don't think they are practical for him. The yarn I used is hand wash only which will not work at all for him. I will find a washable yarn that will be more kid friendly and colorful for the future. The good news that the socks also fit my mom so she gets these pretty autumn, rust socks.


These are the fabulous sock yarns that Hector picked up for me at Lake Tahoe. I can't wait to get started on these. I started the Ditto yarn and am barely knitting the cuffs. The darker colors are better for winter or guys but I'm curious to see how the self striping comes out.

These next 2 yarns are the same brand which is a little pricey than what I'm used to. $17.20 a ball which will be enough for a pair for socks. More self striping yarn so they are on my list for future projects.







Because I knit 2 socks at the same time I have to divide the yarn into 2 balls (one for each sock). To wind the yarn I bought a yarn ball winder from Joanns.com which arrived yesterday. It was a snap although the yarn was tangled up which took me more time to untangle than to wind it up.



Here is the Kings hat that I knit for Josh.



No comments:

Post a Comment