Tuesday, December 19, 2006

What a weird day...first of all Hector asked me to buy a DirecTV HD receiver with DVR and another HD receiver for our TVs in the kitchen and family room. I found the receiver with no problem at Best Buy but the HD with DVR receiver was another story. Apparently, DirecTV is not able to up with the demand and the salesman says there is a long waiting list so far. I was bummed about it but decided to give Circuit City a try. There were some salesmen around but I didn't ask any of them whether they had them in stock; I just wandered the aisle and what did I see? An unopened HD & DVR receiver sitting on the shelf and it looked like it was the last one! I haul it over to a salesman who looks at me strangely as I'm verifying that what I'm holding is the correct thing Hector wants. He says yes that several people came by yesterday looking for the very same item and their inventory says there are zero in stock yet I am holding it. Unbelievable! The man calls his supervisor to verify it because the computer still says zero in stock and finally he rings it through. Yippee...it's mine. I usually don't have much luck finding the "hot" items during Christmas but I did this year!

I was so excited with my unexpected find that I was just gonna take the rest of the day easy and unpack some kitchen boxes. But T called to pick up her Christmas cards which is cool. We talk for a bit then she gets in her car to head to Target and her car makes this horrible noise. We spent some time trying to figure it out but hey, we have no idea what it is. It's decided we wait for her hubby to look at it after work and meanwhile I can drop her off at work this afternoon. T figures it is a good time to start on her Christmas cards...when the phone rings. It turns out to be a long lost friend who I haven't spoken to for a year or so. I'm fairly consistent in calling and leaving messages for her and she usually takes about 2 weeks to return my calls. But in the past year, nothing. After several months, I give up and send out my Christmas cards. Well, I guess that reminded her that she hasn't spoken to me in a year and calls. All is good and she promised to visit at least once a year (we only live about 20 miles apart). I guess I'll take what I can! :) My day certainly turned out lively.

1 comment:

  1. Great job in finding the Direct HDTV....you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete