Sunday, December 03, 2006

Holiday Party


Last night was the holiday party given by Hector's department. The dinner was held at La Gondola in Los Angeles...imagine an Italian restaurant that is also Kosher! This was to accommodate one man & his family so that they would be able to eat & enjoy the evening. The food was very good and the kids' portions were enormous (we had to take it home). We were in a private room with 4 large tables with a separate entrance. Our kids were entertained with gameboys and other children. The only thing bad was that dinner was served so late so the kids didn't eat until 9:30pm. By 10:30pm, dessert was served and most of the kids were passed out at the tables but mine had no problems. At least there were plenty of appetizers to start and I think the kids filled up on those.

I had the rib eye steak with mushroom peppercorn sauce, fresh vegetables and potatoes. Dessert was a chocolate ganache which was so rich and a mango flambe which was so good too. I'm still stuffed today! Hector had to work today so I took the kids to church, washed my car, did some quick shopping and ordered take-out for lunch for me. The kids are going to spend some time with Grandma so I need to catch up on laundry and straighten up around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment