Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas

I hope that your holidays were filled with joy...we had a great time at Lupe's on Christmas Eve. We had our usual Christmas meal of tamales, chile verde, rice and beans. Becky (another sister) was sent out the day before to get the tamales from Liliana's (so awesome) but as soon as everyone opened their tamales, we knew that these were not Liliana's tamales. These tamales were very flaky and fell apart as soon as the corn husks came off and tasted different (not in a good way either). Of course Becky was staying at home because she didn't feel well which made us suspicious. :)

Jean (their niece) brought her 9 month baby Jaymes who is cute for words. Lupe and I had lots of fun cooing and holding him. My kids had a great time playing hide and seek with their cousin. We exchange presents and we allow the kids to open their presents. Joshua got a Naruto action figure and he absolutely loved it. He carried it around all night and most of today. I got my new telephoto lens for my Canon which is so cool. I can't wait to try it out...it is heavy so I'll need lots of practice using it.

For Christmas day, the kids woke up around 8:30am ready to open presents under the tree. Tyler scored on the video games and I got him Heelys. Joshua got a little Thomas the train fold out sofa/bed that Tyler picked out for him. Tyler gave me the Animal Crossing game for my DS and I got a new 80 GB video iPod & MAC makeup gift certificate from Hector. At lunchtime we headed over to my mom's place and had Chinese food. Yum. Lately I've had a scratchy throat and slight cough that is getting worse each day. Hopefully it won't get real bad; it's annoying at this point. Carlos, Hector's brother is hanging out at our house today so they've been playing Zelda. Hector is on call tonight but he gets to take call from home and gets tomorrow off. Yeah. It'llbe nice to hang out together for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment