Friday, December 29, 2006

My 2006 Recap

Here is my year in review:

1. January: Joshua's checkup with his MD causes concern and he is tested for autism. The clinical pyschologist says no autism but another pyschologist says autistic behaviors so Josh is eligible for LAUCH preschool. After 9 months of therapy and preschool, Joshua has blossomed and started to make great progress.

2. I turned 40 years old...not such a big deal as I thought it would be. Life goes on but I really hate all the gray hair that pop up in my bangs. I refuse to color my hair so I take time to snip the gray hairs.

3. For my birthday, we took a nice trip to Maui where we did nothing but relax. We did the same things we could do at home but the change in location makes all the difference in the world.

4. Hector was made partner at work in June which have his paycheck a nice boost. As a result, we remodelled our kitchen which is almost finished. Overall we had a good experience and I'm having lots of fun buying things to fill the kitchen.

5. In August we travelled to Phuket and Singapore. We ate lots of exotic fruit, rode elephants and groomed monkeys. Phuket is a gorgeous island with jungles and beautiful beaches. Singapore was equally beautiful but in a civilized way...lots of high-rises, malls (practically every block has some kind of mall) and landscaping that made the city wonderful.

6. Hector and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary in November. The time went by so fast and we are looking forward to more fun & happiness in the future.

7. This was the year where I lost a good friend (long story but she moved away) and found an absent friend. Even though both are within driving distance, each has their reasons for not staying in touch. I will just have to deal with that which makes me more grateful to my real friends.

8. Overall, I had a wonderful year. My family is healthy and happy. They and my friends enrich my life and hopefully I give them the same. Here is to a happy 2007!!

1 comment:

  1. Deb you sure went thru a lot in 2006. Thanks for sharing with me. Best wishes to you and your family in 2007.

    ReplyDelete