Thursday, December 28, 2006

Josh's Birthday

We celebrated Josh's 4th birthday yesterday...it's too bad that his birthday is 2 days after Christmas which I totally blame the OB/GYN for that. I was planning a scheduled C-section for January 2, 2003. Get it? 01-02-03. But no, the OB decided to call me around December 21st to say she decided to take off on vacation so the c-section is moved up to December 27th! Grrr. So after the hub bub of Christmas, we're ready to wind down. I try to get out to the after Christmas sales and load up on stuff for Joshua which is a another stressful situation. My mom came over while I went out shopping and to get some cupcakes. Unfortunately, King's Hawaiian bakery ran out of cupcaked so I got a pumpkin pie and a dobash cake (chocolate chiffon with chocolate pudding filling) which is to die for! After lunch, we lit some candles on the pie, sang happy birthday and he blew out his candles! Yeah!

Hector came home early and scored a Wii at Toys R Us. I had a great time playing the sports disk it came with. There is bowling, baseball, tennis, golf and boxing and this controller uses the basic movement you would use in playing the real sport. So much fun although my arm aches a little today! He-man and She-Ra came by to exchange gifts and enjoy cocktail hour with us. I made apple martinis for the girls and Hector made dirty martinis for the guys which went along with our veggie platter and Hickory Farms sausage/cheese plate (thanks Kat). It was a lot of fun! Afterwards, we headed over to Vince's for some of their awesome spaghetti! Ugh...it was so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment