Saturday, December 16, 2006

Night On the Town

Hector and I went on our date Friday night. We headed over to the new section of the Del Amo mall where an open-air promenade debuted a few months ago. A Lucky Strike bowling, PF Changs, AMC theatres and various stores are located there so we wanted to check it out. We took Hector's pickup truck there and as we drove by the main center, we noticed several police cars parked in front. Hector mentioned them and I said that in the beginning there was a fight so maybe they just have more security for the weekends. Hector turns into the parking structure and turns into a parking spot but has to reverse to straighten out the truck. Looking back, we see flashing blue lights behind us! Yikes...Hector parks and then gets out to find what is wrong. A police officer orders him back into the truck. Meanwhile, we're like what did we do? So the officer asks for registration and all of a sudden I know his registration expired and that's the reason. Hector admits it right away that I had reminded him several to times to renew but he didn't. The officer said, "You need to pull over immediately when we flash the lights." Hector apologized very nice and honestly we didn't notice or hear anything until we tried backing up. I was telling Hector that we were in a car chase for about a block and didn't even know it. So Hector got his holiday citation which is no ticket! He is so lucky but what a way to start our date.

We decided to eat at Ra Sushi restuarant which has a very cool vibe and pumping music. We placed out order and throughout the night we had the worng food brought to us 3 times. It was either a mistake on our actual order; we ordered spicy tuna handrolls and were given spicy tuna rolls. Or someone brought some other customer's order. It was kinda annoying after the first time. We ordered a whole mess of sushi, appetizers and drinks and the grand total on the bill was $112. For that amount of money, we'll head over to Morton's or Spago since the food at Ra was okay but nothing special.

Afterwards, we browsed the stores and went into Bath and Body Works. Believe or not, I have never been inside one before. I had lots of fun and Hector amused himself. They had a Hello Kitty section so I snagged a Hello Kitty mirror which is very cool. My sister in law gave me an awesome purse mirror from Neiman Marcus about 10 years ago and it was the best little mirror. Light, compact yet pretty, that mirror served me well. I always had that mirror in my purse but somehow I lost it so I found a replacement. Yeah!


As you can see, Hector goofed off while I shopped. He found a silly hat with little pink balls on the top along the center. Very funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment