Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Winding down

August really hasn't been the most productive of months, knitwise because we are nearing the end of summer and beginning of school. To top it off, Tyler has come down with a cold and Josh has the sniffles so he can't be that far behind.

I'm happy that we did our school supply shopping yesterday so that part is done but we do need to turn in Tyler's registration packet either today or tomorrow. He can get his school schedule, books and locker assignment so maybe he will feel up to it later this morning. Otherwise, we'll be keeping everything low key today.

So maybe I can get some knitting done. After 2 years, I finished Matt's socks this week. I don't think I shared these yet but here there are. Knit toe up to get the maximum yardage from the yarn because Matt has whopping huge, ginormous feet. Size mens 15 feet. I traced an outline of his foot too. 12 inches from toe to heel. My foot is 9 inches and I'm a womens size 9. That's a lot more knitting!

Matt's Sasquatch socks

I haven't officially gifted the socks to Matt yet. I started these so long ago, put them down for a longer time and found them when reorganizing my stash. The majority of the foot was knit so I figured I would continue on. I sure hope they fit. Simple stockinette foot, then K2, P2 ribbing on the leg. I knit about 8 inches of leg before binding off but I still have some yarn left that I could have added another 1-2 inches but honestly, I stopped because I was finished knitting on these boats.

The only pic I have are the lame kind of lay the socks on the dirty carpet photo. Hopefully I can get a proper photo of Matt wearing the socks soon.

I have another pair of socks almost complete, another 1-2 inches of foot left then the toes. Maybe this is the day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment