Monday, August 15, 2011

San Diego Weekend

Our weekend in San Diego was a great time to bond with the kids and hubby. Like usual, there was not enough time to do all the things we wanted to do but we still managed to get some new activities in.

I drove down with the kids Thursday where I reconnected with my childhood friend Kathy. We've known each other since 3rd grade and it's great to pick up like we've never stopped talking. She and her husband bought their home a year ago so while the kids watched a video, we chatted for 3 hours and I got the grand tour.

The weather was overcast and cool for most of the weekend so my photos reflect that although I've processed most of them shown to make them presentable. Enjoy!!

Tyler has been trying to convince Josh to try a Legoland ride called the Knight's Tournament. It is a robotic arm with 5 settings with 1 being the mildest and 5 being the extreme.  Josh finally agreed to ride it with Tyler and chose 2=fun.

Knight's Tournament
Beginning of ride. I love their expressions; Tyler is confident while Josh is unsure.

Knight's Tournament ride
Midway through the ride. Imagine Josh screaming this portion of the ride.

Terror and Delight
Going sideways, I call this one Terror and Delight.

Hector took the Amtrak from Fullerton Friday night and we picked him up at the train station. On Saturday, we took a hike at Torrey Pines State Preserve.
Flock of Pelicans
Flock of pelicans.

Torrey Pines
Kids.

Coastline
Coastline.

View from the trail
Trail View.

No comments:

Post a Comment