Sunday, August 07, 2011

Wasp Nest Hat

I'm trying to complete some projects that have been started and put aside. I think this is because we recently got a new, larger storage space and weeding out the trash/junk in our storage spot and the garage. It's given me the urge to take care of some business. :)

It's probably been close to a year when my Aunt Ruth asked me to knit her a hat with a rust colored yarn that Hannah used to knit her a cowl. On its own, it wasn't quite enough to make a hat but I just needed to find the right pattern and add some colors to it.

Here is the result and Tyler was gracious enough to model it for me. Close to 12 years old, Tyler has finally accepted the role of hat model for the past 5-6 years. He takes direction well and he is quite photogenic. :)

Wasp Nest Hat
Front

Wasp Nest Hat
Side

Wasp Nest Hat
Close up

Overall, the hat came out fantastic. I think Aunt Ruth will like it a lot. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment