Friday, August 26, 2011

Neck Warmer

Of course, I had to finish this neckwarmer/ cowl while in the midst of a heat wave her in SoCal. This is my continuation of getting my incomplete projects done and into the Christmas pile.

Neckwarmer

I really like the herringbone effect this particular pattern has and the best part is that I didn't have to make buttonholes. The knitted fabric has enough give to be worked over the button and look nice.

Close up of neckwarmer/button

If I had knit this in plain stockinette (knit) then you would have seen lots of pooling but the criss cross effect kind of breaks it up and gives contrast. Scarves are nice but sometimes you don't want to deal with the loose ends and possible strangulation and this neckwarmer will lay nice and flat under a nice winter coat. Yes, even in SoCal we can get a tad cold.

IMG_2449.jpg

Hopefully I can find someone to model it for me since it's difficult to take one's photo of my finished item. I didn't want to subject any of my kids to model it, they draw the line at hats and socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment