Wednesday, April 13, 2011

easing up but not really

I've knit so much this last week my wrists are sore and tired. That's because of the bigger needles and yarn equals more movement for my wrists. Add the fact that there was the time between the hockey season and playoffs so I needed to fill in the time. Playoffs start tonight so knitting will resume (which never really stopped) because I have to focus on something else while partially listening/watching especially when the Kings play tomorrow. Yikes! My team has a HUGE battle this round so I'm keeping my toes crossed because my fingers will be busy.

A new added factor to playoff fever is the Playoff prediction pool that I joined with other hockey-obsessed knitters on Ravelry. Oy! At least everyone will contribute a prize and recieve a prize so it should be fun and interesting. I had to pick a team for each round (East and West) and how many games the series will last. We get awarded points according to our picks and I'm not sure if the winner gets bragging rights or a bigger prize but that's how it goes.

I just read an article with signs that you might be obsessed with hockey and thankfully, I'm not near that level but I can totally tell spot those fans at the rinks.

Back to knitting, I need a mindless project for playoff knitting and I have some already to go. For my birthday, Kat gave me a gift certificate at ABYC in Long Beach and during my birthday month I get an extra 20% off. Yay!! I'm gonna go today and spend my bday money!! It'll be a nice day to brush the BMW off and drive it fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment