Thursday, April 14, 2011

Alamitos Bay

Yesterday, I went to Alamitos Bay to use my bday gift certificate from ABYC and meet up with Kat for lunch/photowalk. I bought some lovely yarns, had a very nice lunch and took a few pics in the breezy marina.

Around Alamitos Bay Marina

Around Alamitos Bay Marina
These buds on this tree grew in random spots on the branches.

Around Alamitos Bay Marina
The buds emerge into this.
What I like about photography is finding that little detail and trying to capture it in a great way. Sure there are the nice boats in the marina but everyone takes pictures of those. I found myself drawn to the items around the marina, mostly the trees, plants and whatever catches my eye.

Around Alamitos Bay Marina
I shot down into the yucky water over the railing which looked disgusting in real life but in a photo, it has an interesting look to it with the colors of the rocks and little ripples in the water.

Around Alamitos Bay Marina
Flowers.

Around Alamitos Bay Marina
Flowers growing out of the concrete.

Around Alamitos Bay Marina
Overhead view of above flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment