Wednesday, March 11, 2009

stuff that happened today



  1. Yippee! I finished the 2nd pair of Monkey socks. These are for my dear friend Kathy whom I've known since the 2nd grade. I used Lorna's Laces Shepherd sock yarn in Sage. Her birthday was January 27 and yes I realize I'm very late but I think she will LOVE them. Plus they are from her childhood friend! :) I am lightly blocking them which means I sprayed them with water and put them into shape. For some items I pin it down so it'll look nice and neat. Otherwise the socks looks kinda of misshapen ed and funky. Hopefully these babies will dry so I can mail them off. Yay! That means I can work on something else...what to try now?


  2. Close -up of the stitches. It still amazes me at all the different ways the finished product looks with variations of the knit and purl stitch.




    The toe.




    The heel flap and turn.



    The foot.




  3. The kids and I played our usual game of driveway hockey. I took some pictures because they are so cute and enjoy a fun game of hockey (without the fighting). I need to put captions of them.






Josh: Look at me funny and I'll whack you with my stick!
Tyler and his impression of the Grim Reaper.


Serious hockey action.


Joshua: It's my turn!




Joshua: You WANT a piece of ME?



Joshua: I am the ULTIMATE CHAMPION!
Tyler: Yeah, right! I let you win so you wouldn't cry like a baby!



No comments:

Post a Comment