Sunday, March 22, 2009

Food Fest

Last night (Saturday) we headed over to my Aunt Ruth's house for some dumplings. It is very simple to make the filling according to Hannah but it does require some hands to make the actual dumplings. We got there a bit late but Hannah and I quickly churned out tray after tray that waited to be boiled or fried. I think I lost count after 6 trays, that about 30 - 40 dumplings per tray.


Here I am filling and stuffing them happily in anticipation of EATING them!!


Hannah and I are working hard to churn these babies out.

We managed to use up all of the meat filling that took up about 1/2 a big stockpot and about 6-7 packages of wonton skins. Aunt Ruth was astonished that we used it all up but Hannah and I stuffed those dumplings to the max.




Then the first few plates are done and we start to eat and eat and eat. Ugh. SO DELICIOUS!! I briefly thought about counting how many I can eat but that idea quickly went out of my mind. Hmmmm, ground pork and turkey.....





These are just the first 2 plates of the 10 or so we ate with lots of gusto!



And the good thing is that we're doing it again....April 25th so write that down. You know you want some....

No comments:

Post a Comment