Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spending

More so than ever, I try to keep my spending to the essentials. But it's hard to resist some things...luckily I have a lot of gift cards. I have some that are multi-functional like Target where I can get almost about anything I want or need. Then I have some like Gap Kids (for the boys) which is a little harder since their inventory is limited (plus I don't feel like I get my moneys worth). I've had a gift certificate from a local photo shop with a $200 balance.

Today I decided to go and spend the remainder because I don't know if they'll stay in business although I hope so. I make a little list in my head and promise not to go over the gift amount. I went after mailing out some photo calendars (yes, I know its March) but I mailed them out anyway. The store was not busy so I roped some guy into helping spend my money. We got the remote control shutter release for $15, a high speed 4GB CF card for $100 so leaves me $85 left for filters. The man tells me they're selling used filters for $4. Sold. He brought out all sorts and picked out the different ones that I might be interested in or would be good in my arsenal. Warming filters, red, deep blue, light blue, starburst and something else (I can't remember the name) and more which totalled 9 filters. $36 for filters. Sold. A multi-card reader for $30 and a couple of lens cloths ($10) which cleared out my gift certificate. Yay!!! Actually, I was about $2 under my limit but the head dude said he could discount another lens cloth for me to spend it all.

So now I have all sorts of filters to read up on and play with. I need to install my card reader which will be easier for the camera and post some pictures.

Here is the starburst filter used on my bedside lamp. Ooooh, pretty lights! I can't wait to try this one out...

No comments:

Post a Comment