Tuesday, April 15, 2008

what's up

Okay, we're home...the weekend in San Diego was a blast. The weather was very warm so the water areas at Sea World and Legoland were a welcome relief. Well, the water area at Sea World isn't quite finished but it was so freakin hot that we went over to the Journey to Atlantis ride which is a combo water ride/roller coaster so the kids could get splashed in the wet zone. Josh was upset because he thought we would ride the roller coaster but once he figured out that we were there to cool off, he totally dug it.

Legoland was lots of fun too with the added new area and rides. There is a ride where you get laser guns and shoot targets, a bouncer/free fall kind of ride, airplane ride and play area with foam balls to shoot at unsuspecting parents.

We stayed at the Homewood Suites this time which is a Hilton hotel so we earned our points. It was just the right size for us and the kids loved the pool. I have pics somewhere and will load them eventually.

I finished a pair of baby socks (pics later) and this time I used the magic loop method where I knit 2 socks at a time on one circular needle. Hector took me to The Black Sheep in Encinitas where I went crazy buying more sock yarn and some Addi turbo needles with a 47 inch cable. So far I really enjoy this method..I can keep track of which side I'm on because usually if I don't document where I'm at in the pattern...I'm lost and I'm not so good at recognizing the previous stitches to refer back to the pattern. Anyway, I bought lots of sock yarn and will eventually knit a pair of socks for Hector to use while motorcycling. He did mention at the store that I never knit anything for him...well, that's because he wouldn't wear any of the stuff I knit like hats, scarves or sweaters and he knows this. It would just be wasted. But everyone wears socks so that is what he will eventually get.

Okay, we're back home and Hector is demolishing the kids bathroom. The cabinet/sink is gone, so is the carpet, wall around the tub and whatever else. The plumber is coming tomorrow to hook up the shower pipes/tub connections. Hector is taking lots of pictures so we have our memories of the old yucky bathroom. He has already unearthed the old linoleum which is gold and glittery! Now why would people want to cover that up with yucky brown carpet in the bathroom???? :)

I'm just happy to pick out tile for the floor and wall, paint color and fixtures. Knit and do laundry too which I have to check on...

No comments:

Post a Comment