Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hey

It's only Tuesday and it feels like the week is dragging on. First of all, Tyler did great at his baseball game yesterday. He managed a double although it was more of a single because he runs pretty slow but the first base coach waved him on to second base which Tyler over ran. The ball was somewhere in the vicinity and he didn't know to hurry back and stay there so we were screaming and yelling at Tyler to get on the bag. :) He did make it back so that was thrilling for all of us. Even the other parents were cheering Tyler on. He made it first base again when he got hit in the foot by a pitch so he was happy about that too.

I'm taking a mini break from knitting. I'm so slow at knitting socks so lately it seems pointless and neverending. So I've invested my free time in Guitar Hero (the 80's version) and I'm having lots of fun. I'm trying to get 5 stars for all the songs on Medium; I've discovered the practice area where I can slow down the entire or just part of the song to get the fingering right then play it again at regular speed then go to Career and play it for real. I'm accomplishing slowly but surely and my wrists are feeling the pain. Time for a break so maybe those socks will get some attention after all.

The bathroom is coming along. The shower wall is tiled and we're waiting for the bullnose portions to be made which takes about a week. In the meantime, the cementboards are put in now and sealed. Hector and I have looked around at shower heads, faucet fixtures, paint chips, light fixtures, and bathroom accessories. We're making do of the 2 bathrooms and the kids don't seem to mind.

Hector's shoulder is feeling better but now he feels very tired and achy. Uh oh, I hope that he doesn't get the flu or better doesn't get any of us sick too. Keep your fingers crossed. I'm going to the Rincon area for my friend Kat's birthday for some gambling and fun in the sun next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment