Thursday, April 24, 2008

Color

I bought this great, bright, colorful yarn by Regia which you will see is self striping. I made a pair of baby socks for the girl who cuts my hair but I unfortunately forgot to take a picture of them. I thought about making a pair of adult size socks but I saw a pattern for fingerless mittens and found the perfect blend. Socks are wonderful but this yarn needs to be seen and enjoyed not only by the wearer but also the general public. I think this pair will be perfect for a young girl (pre-teen or teen) but Josh agreed to model them and even asked if these were for him! :)





I might have kept these for myself but they are a little too small for me. I'll just have to make another pair for myself maybe in a more subdued color. I'll reference the pattern later but it was super simple to knit. Cast on x stititches, join round, knit 3, purl 2 until desired length to thumb then follow pattern back and forth to form the thumb opening then join round and continue pattern until desired length and bind off.
Actually I cast on a different pattern of fingerless mittens with Noro Kureyon Sock and still waiting if I like them to continue. I'm knitting from 2 skeins of the same colorway and an getting 2 different mittens. It's kind of fun in a mismatched sort of way. :)
Today I was in heaven because at the park where Sherri and I hang out with the kids after dropping the older ones at school I was able to enjoy meeting Maple the only French Bulldog that I've seen in our neighborhood. Her owner and daughter were very nice and they live in Sherri's apartment complex. Yay...now I have a French Bulldog connection! Maple was really sweet and gave me little nuzzles and snuffs. Awwww...now I really want one more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment