Saturday, April 05, 2008

Ready To Roll

First of all, I need to wish my darling hubby of 11 years a very Happy Birthday. Of course we had another crazy, busy Saturday. Hector had a 7am appointment for drug screening for his new job. He said it was extremely strict where the bathroom had no running water in the sink, no soap in the dispenser and the water tank on the toilet was locked. These people don't mess around!! He also had to empty his pockets, leave items like cell phones etc outside and get patted down. That must have been a nice way to begin your birthday....oh and pee in a cup. :)

Tyler had an early game so we had to be at the field at 7:45 am and I was trying to get the kids ready, then I had to locate his baseball cap and then we zoomed off to the field. We were only about 10 minutes late and I noticed that everyone is out on the street hanging out. I guess there was some mix up as to who was supposed to unlock the gate. Someone drove up in a couple of minutes so it worked out fine. The game was okay but we lost big time 7-0. Tyler hit the ball but it was towards 1st base he was thrown out. He did seem to run faster and another parent commented that he is improving which is all I can ask for.

Then Hector and I headed out for our last hockey game of the season....uhhhh, we lost 4-3. Not much to say but there are lots of giveaways and we didn't get squat. Oh a couple of coupons for iced coffee at McDonalds that I have to use by early May.

I did manage to find a couple of gifts for Hector who seems to be hard to shop for. He is not interested in clothes; comfort is a must for him. I did get his a Hawaiian shirt and another casual button shirt. My mom had the same idea and got him 2 Hawaiian shirts. I also got him an electronic dart set from the kids which looked cool. We had fun playing on the Wii so when I saw this, I thought it could be fun to have. He set it up pretty fast so he must have liked it and the best place with the right amount of room is in the dining room. Don't be alarmed...our dining room is rarely used for dining purposes. There is a table but it is set up for Tyler and his homework. The room is a combo dining and living room which has been devoted solely for the kids. We have all their toys, a Lego building table and Kangaroo climber in there and even a adult sized tent during the summer. So having a dart board in the dining room is perfectly normal for us. We spent about an hour throwing darts later in the afternoon when we should have been packing. :)

Okay, the kids are now in bed and we are 90% packed. Hector just needs to round up the PS2, games and DVDs, put the racks on the Pilot tomorrow and we should be set. I'm going to bring my video camera to try and get footage of the kids on skis. We will be back briefly Thursday night and head to San Diego the next day so have a nice spring break.

No comments:

Post a Comment