Friday, April 11, 2008

first video and more

I am attempting to post my very first video on my blog. This shows Tyler after riding his first poma lift and then skiing the slalom course. Be prepared for the blinding speed at which he finishes the course! :)

We're in Carlsbad right now; traffic was really smooth. The Homewood Suites are very nice...pictures to follow. It is a nice layout and pretty comfortable. Hector already super glued his sunglasses together so they have seen their last snowboarding days. He is scouring ebay for potential frames to transfer his lenses to...so if you by chance have any original Ray Ban Wayfarers laying around...drop us a line!

The plan is for Sea World on Saturday; the park is offering admission for the rest of the year when you buy a one day admission. We did this also last year and it worked out for us. We usually come down about 3-4 times a year for Legoland so we extend our stay for a weekend and hit both places. Sea World revamped their water play area so I hope the kids like it.

I'm still waiting for the video to upload...only 17M of 45M so far. Ugh, this will take a while. At Mammoth I watched the San Jose Sharks playoff game 1 the other night against the Calgary Flames. The Sharks lost that night but won game 2. I really don't like the Sharks too much and I don't really have a good reason other than their fans are super annoying.

Okay, it's not at 24M of 45M...oh I can finish telling you about the rest of our Mammoth trip. On day 2, the weather was cold (around 45 degrees and gusty). Because Hector broke his sunglasses the day before he needed to wear his regular glasses and put his goggles on top to protect them. That meant I had to buy another pair of goggles because somehow I misplaced mine. Also we had to get Josh another pair for mittens for skiing. I went into Footloose where the salesman was very nice and helpful. We found a nice pair and since it was the last pair he gave me a sweet deal of 50% off so it came out to $43. Score for me. I also bought some face/neck warmers for Tyler and me. He refused to wear it at first but I convinced him and I think I saved myself from a lot of whining and bellyaching for the rest of the day because, man it was COLD.

This was the first time that Tyler was with the both of us for the entire day. He usually is in ski school but we felt that he can handle the intermediate runs now although we have to go slower. Well, Tyler managed the runs but with lots of complaining of his feet hurting etc and we took several breaks. By the end of the day he was doing much better and it started to snow!! It was blowing so hard the snow was going sideways and being on the lifts were miserable. See, now Tyler wasn't complaining about that face warmer ...on the lifts we could see little tornados of snow whirling around and we ended up going through one of them. Boy that made Tyler's day that he went through an actual tornado. :)

Almost finished...we're at 42M of 45M and it's time for dinner. We're close to the outlet stores and lots of restaurants so we have plenty to choose from. More later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment