Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Today Hector and I headed out to Home Depot and Lowes to check out bathroom items. We wanted to redo the kids' bathroom for some time but all the estimates we got have been $10,000 and up. It's hard for us to take because we redid our kitchen which is 4-5 times bigger for about $25,000 and that includes appliances! So we put off their bathroom until now because we figured that it would be in our best interest to do the bathroom ourselves. For the month of April, Hector is for the most part off work so we decided to tackle the bathroom. Home Depot didn't have the vanities we need but Lowes had several along with the vanity top. I like granite but this is for the kids who will not appreciate the details so we will settle for a prefab top of cultured marble in solid white. Basic items for the kids but I get to pick out the tile for the floor, shower wall and paint. Yay! We hopefully will get started on this when we get back from vacation.

Also today I tackled the spring cleaning on my computer. I have about 1 1/2 years of photos on my computer which needs to be copied to the portable hard drive and DVD. I'm also trying to transfer my itunes library over also but that will have to wait till tomorrow. Then I'll be able to make room which should free up about 30GB of memory. Phew...I need that space too.

No comments:

Post a Comment