Thursday, May 25, 2006

I have the itch to travel again. I know we just had a vacation in April but it was a relaxing family vacation. Our trip to Japan was in November and all of us truly had a wonderful time. We learned about another country and culture which made us appreciate Japan & their contributions but also appreciate our home. We subscribe to a magazine Budget Travel that lists 40 great deals to places all over the world. We booked our Japan trip from that list and now I'm scoping out some new places. At first I was thinking Peru with the Inca ruins but after a little research, it was too adventurous for 2 young children. I'd worry about treacherous mountain hikes , altitude sickness and insects.

Now I have focused on Singapore and Bali. I saw a great deal for $899, 2 nights in Singapore & 5 nights in Bali. I still have to do more research but I know for sure that Singapore is VERY clean and has lots of fun for everyone in my family. As for Bali, I have one friend who went there about 12 years ago but she doesn't keep in touch with me. Long story but our friendship is stalled on her end. Ah well, there is always next year for an exotic trip. I'll keep you posted.

By the way, I blame The Amazing Race for exposing all these wonderful places. I never would have considered any of these places before but having seen a glimpse of the world, gives me the urge to explore and let my children experience other places too.

No comments:

Post a Comment