Sunday, May 28, 2006

California Adventure


Friday, we decided to visit California Adventure (alternate universe to Disneyland). This is where I can let my guard down a notch with the kids while walking. I don't worry about Joshua getting lost among crowds of people or really huge long lines at rides. And the best part is the Electric Light Parade! This is my ultimate favorite parade (and I'm not a parade person). There is something special about it that just makes me feel like a kid; infectious music and pretty colorful lights never fail to delight the kids (me too).



Anyways, the kids had a good time. They rode the ocean themed carousel with adorable seahorses, seals, whales and fish. Both Josh and Ty played the fishing game (in the midway area) where everyone wins a prize. Tyler won a seahorse while Josh managed to win a large fish. Tyler and I rode the ferris wheel in the non-swinging gondolas. As usual, we got another souvenir bucket of the butteriest (is this a word?) popcorn. Every kernel of popcorn was bright yellow and greasy but boy was it GOOD. The guy held the bucket directly under the popper as the popcorn was coming out instead of letting it mix with the rest of the batch. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

1 comment:

  1. What a great trip. I'm so envious. I want to "get out of dodge!"

    ReplyDelete