Sunday, January 06, 2013

Shur'tugal Socks

It didn't take too far into the New Year to complete my first socks of 2013. Applause....It helps that NHL hockey was locked out until this morning so I had plenty of time to knit. I started these in September to join in a KAL and with all the twisted stitches, I soon fell behind. I picked them back up in December and this time around, those twisted stitches clicked in my bedfuddled brain and I got into the groove.

Also for once, I paid attention to the pattern to begin the toe portion which really helped since I tend to start the toe too soon which results in smaller socks. Yes, I could redo the toe to fit me but I'm more of a forward person and would rather find a person to fit the socks than fit the socks to the person. I kept knitting the toe as written then tried them on myself to be pleased to find they fit perfectly.

The yarn was great to work with too...lots of variation of purples with some black and light portions to give the socks great texture. We're headed off to Chill later this afternoon so I will test the warmness of the socks in 19* temperatures.

So on to the pictures....

Shur'tugal socks complete

Shur'tugal socks done

Note: It takes some creative movement of the camera to take pictures of one's own feet. :0

Closer look at Shur'tugal socks

Heel closeup: Shur'tugal

The heel was slightly different than the heels that I've typically knit but look very nice.
My feet are toasty warm as I'm typing this and will for sure keep my feet warm later in the Ice Kingdom at Chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment