Monday, January 21, 2013

oh boy

Hockey finally started again with a roar so that occupied most of my weekend. ;) Hector and I went to the home opener game for the Kings vs Chicago to see the Stanley Cup banner ceremony. It was really cool. I have some pics on my p & s camera so the quality won't be as good and I really wanted to relish the moment. Unfortunately, the Kings lost which we have to consider shortened training camp, season and pretty much everything associated with hockey.

We get Center Ice free for the rest of the month so I spent the rest of the weekend watching lots & lots of hockey. Yes it was a bummer to see the Kings not fare as well but several other teams have it just as bad or worse so just chalk the first week as ugly, weird hockey and hope your team jells fast. :) It's sort of a sprint season with 48 games in 99 days so hold on and enjoy the ride.
Kind of like the Hunger games....may the odds be ever in your favor!! :)

LA Kings wall
Slowly adding stuff to the wall.
Each fan was given a mini banner so I just hung mine for now on the framed photo. I still need to add my pennants which are somewhere (hopefully not crushed) in our house.

I still knit a lot especially during hockey on TV so I mostly listen and glance up every so often. I do miss stuff but thats what rewind is for. ;)

I had to send my Seahorse socks to the frog pond. They're so pretty but they were not going to fit me and I wasn't about to give these away so they will be ripped back for something else. I just have to remember to pick a thicker fingering weight yarn/bigger needles to make this pattern work.

Frog pond: Hold your Seahorses socks

I even turned these inside out and still got some puckering from the stranded parts. Its a good thing I'm frogging them...

So that meant I only had one other pair of socks cast one and I usually need two in case my brain doesn't respond to one that particular moment, then I have another one to do.

Drip Candles: in progress

In December, it was leftover month where I managed one pair finished. I got the book with Drip Candles in it, so I cast on last night. Pretty good progress too. They are fitting snug so I will go up a needle size to see how that goes but I don't mind giving these away if I have too.


On the side note, I signed up for our Comic Con ID badges so we can purchase tickets to Wonder Con this year. Don't know if we can tickets to the big one but this will be fun. The Wonder Con is in Anaheim so we don't have to stay in a hotel and save a little moola. The 3 day pass is an afforable $40 if we buy online so we shall keep our fingers crossed.

That means I need to work on my steampunk costume and start planning Hector's too. Fun fun fun..

No comments:

Post a Comment