Monday, January 07, 2013

Monday

First of all, I have been semi-productive today. I really need to work on some CE (continuing education) to keep my pharmacist license up to date and I managed to finish 4 hours of credits this morning. My brain is feeling the strain now but I'm happy that I started and only 26 credits to go. I have till the end of April and  I hope to work on my CE once a week to get this done.


As you see from a previous post, I finished my Shur'tugal socks this weekend. I started the Hold Your Seahorses socks for my January challenge (flora/fauna theme) that also has colorwork which can extremely slow going for me since I knit 2 at a time & that means 4 balls of yarn hangingoff these socks. It can be a lot of tangles if I don't keep on top of it. The pattern in gorgeous but more complicated than ones I have done in the past. Each sock has its own pattern which is mirrored so I have to keep up with 2 pages of charts.
Hold Your Seahorses socks: in progress
Colorful in blue and orange. Lots of charts.

 I dug out my Jaywalkers which I think started somewhere in the fall or earlier because of the NHL lockout and I'm using my Kings colorway. You can tell the yarn is several years old because it has purple in it and that is not in the LA Kings color scheme anymore. This is termed my easier knitting since right now, it only has a 2 row pattern. I really like how the stripes are coming out.
Jaywalker socks: in progress
Lovely manipulation of the self striping yarn.

So over the weekend, I received my Outside the Sox book from Amazon and these unusual, amazing socks caught my eye. I found some rainbow yarn and cast on for the Hexagon socks. This will be when the other 2 patterns can't hold my attention. :)

Hexagon socks: the beginning
Funky hexagon socks.

I absolutely love our Netflix streaming and our latest anime is Darker Than Black. I'm usually knitting during TV so I miss a lot although I'm listening. Luckily Hector is there is fill in the gaps for me and help me identify the numerous characters that appeared in Vol. 1 then reappear in Vol. 5. :) I also queued up The Adventures of Tin Tin which I really enjoyed. Full of action and fun, I'm sure I missed lots of things so I'll probably watch it again because I really enjoyed it. Hector even has some old Tin Tin books that he dug out and what do you know, he has the book that the movie was about. How funny is that? I watched the first season of Downton Abbey which I loved and have the 2nd season in our DVD queue but I'm horribly bad at watching DVDs. I don't know why and maybe that's why I prefer streaming. I don't have to deal with putting the DVD in the player, watching it and then returning it. With streaming, I can watch whatever I want and it remembers where I left off, etc.

I saw somewhere that the 3rd season of Downton Abbey was starting last night so I set the DVR to record it but I still want to see the 2nd season beforehand. I searched online and saw that the 2nd season in available for streaming thru Amazon Prime. Yay! We have that too although it's not used as much as Netflix. So I was a very happy girl in starting season 2 last night. :)

Good programming and NHL hockey is back! 2013 is looking pretty good right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment