Monday, January 07, 2013

Chilly Sunday

It's already colder than normal in SoCal, so what do we do with our Sunday afternoon? We go to Chill at the Queen Mary. There are many ice sculptures to view, walk through and even slide down on. We were told to dress warm and we did with parkas offered too. The kids and I took a parka with Hector being a brave person refusing the parka.

Lots of neat sculptures to see with a large area of a Queen Mary slide for anyone over 4 years old and smaller whale slide for the younger set. We took Hector's all weather camera because at 19* I wasn't going to risk my DSLR to that.

Here are some photos...

Giant snowflake
I finally got to use my 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic mittens. Tyler soon took them away from me.
 
P1060298.jpg

In line to walk thru the ice castle

Ice Castle

Ice Queen Mary in line for the ice slide

Kids with ice giraffe

There are lots more photos to see on my photostream at Flickr but you get the idea. It got pretty cold after spending significant time in there and it was something different & unique.

In addition to our Chill admission, we also got to tour the Queen Mary which is pretty massive and cool. Unfortunately, the camera battery died since I failed to charge it up beforehand. Hector and I will go back to tour the Russian submarine and have the camera ready...

No comments:

Post a Comment