Monday, November 07, 2011

Chilly

Here is SoCal, the weather drastically changed in a matter of a day. Hot one day and then a drop of about 40* along with rain for good measure. It was nice to have that cooler temp and of course I had to add to it by visiting a couple of ice rinks. One was to watch the Kings practice on Friday & on Staurday to take Josh to his ice hockey session. :)

On our way back, Josh sees a package on our porch. Hmmm, Hector was expecting a package but it's addressed to both of us. A mystery since it's from the Vermont Company. I open it up and this is what is revealed....

The Royal Wedding (present)

Whu-uuuut?? A commemorative tin of shortbread cookies with the Royal Couple. Okkkaay. Oh, my mom sent it to us. Known for her unusual and often quirky gifts, I didn't know what to make of it. Why?

It turns out that she sent that for our anniversary (November 9th) which is kind of funny. And sweet in her own weird way. :) My friend Kat already claimed the tin since she totally digs this kind of stuff. I guess I'll have cookies with my tea...

No comments:

Post a Comment