Sunday, January 02, 2011

On the Outside Looking In

I guess this winter break has gotten me a tad squirrelly with near constant rain the first week, the rush of holiday activites, Josh's birthday then ACK...only 4 more usuable days of break. I procrastinated horribly with Josh's Star of the Week where he is the special student so he had to make a poster showing his favorite things and what makes him special.

But I'm off subject, on January 1st I decided the family should walk to Madrona Marsh since the recent rains should have filled the marsh to a typical marsh-like state. Boy, Joshua acted like it was going to be awful and boring but once he got going, he chatted with Tyler and bounced around like usual.

We only live about 1/4 mile away from the marsh but it occupies a massive block and the only entrance is on the farthest end. As we reach the marsh, Hector comments that maybe it might be closed today. Huh? Of course, it didn't occur to me that he might be right. Sure enough the gate was locked but I said we could still walk around the garden portion and around the marsh. Luckily, the fence has metal rods so it was easy for me to stick my camera through it. We could see tons of ducks diving their heads down to feed on whatever mucky stuff they eat.
Madrona Marsh 1-1-11

Madrona Marsh 1-1-11

Madrona Marsh 1-1-11

Madrona Marsh 1-1-11

Overall, I was pretty happy with my photos. :)

Oh, and we saw a dead skunk in the street who was obviously heading to our house but didn't make it.

Dead Skunk on Maple

No comments:

Post a Comment