Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!!

Are you ready for 2011?? I am. We had a wonderful year; everyone is healthy, happy and safe. Tyler is entering his pre-teen years and seems to  be venturing into the first tiny steps toward independence. He is willing/eager to go to the store either on his own or ahead of us to look at things.

Joshua will begin another season of city basketball so we hope he will have fun and gain more focus. I want him to be his sweet self forever. :)

I'm going to knit. I think I will try to focus on certain areas of knitting that interest me. I'm always trying to stashbust and when I do want to purchase yarn I shall have a specific project in mind for it. I used to buy yarn because I liked the color etc but now it should have a purpose otherwise I'll just keep buying yarn. ;p
I still plan on doing socks so I might start my own sock club (self-imposed) to get a pair done every month along with some socks from my Ravelry group. I also want to make more shawls too since they can be made with sock yarn (fingering weight) too.

Now I need to get back to a pair of socks that I definitely want to finish today before 2011. I'm at the ribbing (done toe up) so just a ways more. We are set with a 1/4 cord of almond firewood today in time for usually cold weather now. I don't know how those people can camp out overnight in Pasadena for the Rose Parade.

Happy New Year!!

101
I leave you with today's photo. A hazy dreamy focus of a flower (semi-backlit).

No comments:

Post a Comment