Tuesday, July 28, 2009

This n That

Here is a pic of my toe up socks. I have progressed much farther than this photo since I have already completed the heels and on to the monotonous ribbing portion of the legs. So far the toe up technique is working really well since I can try them on for the ultra custom fit. I'm gonna have to practice more. This pair/ yarn looks very rugged and natural so these will be my Ireland socks #1. Oh I have more in store. Believe you me.
I went spider stalking the other day. Alarmed to see a black widow hanging out by the marigolds near the garage. When I water the flowers, the spray/ drops fall onto her web and she shoots out from her hiding spot then zips back in. I wanted to try to get pictures of her but she is so fast. She's moved on now to greener pastures so hopefully it is farther away from the house. This spider on the other hand is small and harmless. It lives by the avocado tree (more like a bush). I tried taking pictures of this one since it just sits there but the wind picked up and I couldn't find my tripod.


The avocado tree is growing like crazy but only on one side. That's because the neighbor's 2 wild and rambunctious dogs broke into our yard and snapped off several branches. My poor avocado tree is lopsided but the dogs are MIA. We were told they escaped and never returned.
The neighbors now have a puppy in addition to an undetermined number of people living there.

No comments:

Post a Comment