Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Foodfest

On Saturday I went with my 3 cousins and cousin-in-law to downtown LA. The goal: to finally try Don Chow tacos which blends Chinese and Mexican food. Menu items include tacos with BBQ pork, Kung Pow chicken, tortas (Mexican sandwiches), and chow fun (flat rice noodles). Don Chow's truck was parked at the Modernica's furniture sale which featured high-end modern furniture. We got there early about 10:30am and the furniture sale was going strong but we had our priorities....EAT! Hannah and I were starving so we ordered almost the entire menu. :)

We began with the BBQ pork torta with the traditional Mexican sandwich and the Chinese meat filling. Yum!! That sandwich disappeared fast. I forgot how quickly my cousins eat...they give Hector a run for his money. Next up, tacos and I think we ordered about 4-5 with various filling/meat and those were tasty too. Then the part I was waiting for, the chow fun. Carne asade with a peppery, spicy flavor which went with the chow fun perfectly. Oh so good.

I'd definitely hit Don Chow's again....but we're not finished. It's time for fro-yo at Yogurt-land which is a self-serve place with about 10 different flavors to mix and many toppings to choose from. Put your concoction on the scale and pay. Very reasonably priced and delicious. Perfect for a super hot day!!.

My cousins weren't done yet!! Nope, next we hit a Japanese grocery store (don't know the name) where there is a little fast food noodle place. More orders for ramen, soba and dumplings completed our foodfest. That was so much fun!!!

Normally I would take pics of the food but we were soooo hungry I didn't bother until the noodles but you know what noodles look like.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment