Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Beach




Lagging behind in blogging but here is a little taste of what we did Saturday morning. What I mean by "we" is my cousins and me getting up early and being at Redondo Beach at 7:00am to see the paddleboard event. Hector stayed home to do kid duty, karate lessons and mostly sleep in.


There were 2 main groups; the stand ups and paddleboarders which are further divided into different size board groups. My cousin Matt has a good friend that competes and Redondo is close to Torrance so the rest of us tagged along.

Lots of competitors in the event so after the start, we decide to have breakfast. The stand ups had a 7 mile course to paddle while the paddleboarders had a 9 mile course. We figured an hour and then we'd head back. Oh, I had the most awesome Cap'n Crunch french toast so I'll be trying that out at the home kitchen very soon. We get back to the beach and Matt's friend already came in 5th place! Man, these guys are fast!

Here is an idea of the stand ups coming in to the finish line. This guy was pretty graceful...



Yeah, he's lookin good.



Then they run to the finish line....yay!
It was fun although it was hard to really see the actual race; next time I need to bring binoculars.


No comments:

Post a Comment