Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lazy Days

This week was hotter than usual so not much is happening at Casa Queso. Luckily our next door neighbor has a pool so we hop on over to enjoy the cool water. Yeah, that's about it. Next week will be better. I need to catch on laundry this weekend and get Tyler ready for camp which is coming up very soon.

I have 2 pairs of socks on the needles in prep for Ireland which I know is in November but I can't wait to enjoy the brisk, cold breeze while walking through the Irish countryside and exploring old castles. You would think I can go totally yarn crazy there since the sheep outnumber the people but no, there are no cool, luxurious Irish yarn. I guess the Irish sheep wool to too scratchy for nice yarn that people can wear and is mostly used for carpets. Wuht?? What wool do they use for all those gorgeous cabled fisherman sweaters?? Anyway, I don't have the patience or that much yarn to knit a sweater.

I am currently knitting some cabled boot socks in Bordeaux to keep my feet pretty and toasty warm and also some toe-up plain socks for durability and ruggedness. The toe-up socks are still pretty new as a technique as these will be my second pair. I can try them on for a ultra custom fit which is awesome but the short row heel might give me some trouble. Luckily, I found a great tutorial on that so I should be okay. Keep you finger crossed. Pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment