Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Date Night

Hmmm, we are into summer mode here in the Tejeda household. Hector and I don't have a special date night each week although we do try and spend lots of time together as a family. For example, Hector called to let me know he was going to work late (until 7pm) which makes a 12 hour day for him. That's okay, we are trying to save some extra moola for a future fall trip. He also mentioned that rib roasts are on sale at Stater Bros. and the sale ends that day (Tuesday). We have a rotisserie that cooks roasts to perfection and we stock up when on sale. They get vacuum packed and frozen for future family gatherings.

Hector mentions that we can meet at the Stater Bros. which is about halfway between his work and home. Okay. I round up the kids and pile them in the car. We both arrive at Stater Bros. at the same time and then had a fun time running around in there. To put it simply, that place is HUGE! I think they used a lot of their warehouse area to make it bigger because it's a mega stroll to reach the back of the store. Plus the aisles are very wide, Hector thinks he could drive a car between the shelving. For some reason, I found the whole meeting and hanging out very date-like even though we spent maybe 30 minutes grocery shopping together. Isn't it silly that such a simple act was special for me? :) I'm getting old and doddy. At least I like hanging out with my hubby who is my soulmate....aw, it's true. Corny but true.

Oh, we bought 3 rib roasts totalling 12 pounds. I'll roast the little one this weekend.

I will say that we did have a real date night a week ago....bowling. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment