Thursday, May 28, 2009

eyeballs

Hey, I've been busy with not too much going on. I just realized that the kids will be done with school on June 18th. Oh, for some reason I thought it would be around the 23rd or something like that. Doesn't really matter anyway.
We didn't do too much over the holiday weekend. I made the dumpling filling all by myself and had all the guys help me fold them. Now we have about 4 bags of frozen dumplings although Yan-ro likes them ALOT so they won't last very long.
I did take the kids to the eye doctor yesterday. Tyler's teacher wrote a note last week that he was having trouble seeing the board. Okay, that was going to be inevitable since Hector and I are very nearsighted. Tyler does need glasses and so far Josh does not although I'm sure his time will come. I had them tested at Lenscrafters and had a pair priced to see how much it would be. Okay, one pair would be $240 and that was after the 50% discount. No thank you. We headed over to Costco and found some frames that Tyler liked. Grand total = $125...for 2 pair of glasses!!! Such a big fat rip off at Lenscrafters.
I also turned in my glasses to be fixed because they were scratched and the coating was peeling in some spots. Luckily I made the warranty deadline by 3 days so that will be fixed at no charge. Yeah! The only problem is that I have to wear my contacts for about 10 days until the glasses come back. When they do, I'll have another eye exam and if I need new glasses, these will be the back up pair.
We are going to be family of four eyes....

No comments:

Post a Comment