Saturday, May 09, 2009

Excerpts

Hector calls every day and emails me pretty much the same info but it is SO NICE to hear his voice. :)

This is one of the reasons why I chose not to go and take the kids to China.

Of note: The air pollution here is as bad, even worse than I heard. You can not see the sun. There are visible particles everywhere and it really hurts to breath. My eyes watered all day and I have a wet cough that hurts my ribs and back. I thought that maybe I was coming down with something until Anna complained of the exact same things. Oh well, we'll just have to deal with it. Tomorrow the forbidden city and Tienamen.

To me, it's pretty scary. I know there are a million things that can kill you but if I can avoid most of them, I will. Also I have my nasty cold, if I had gone I probably would have been quarantined anyway.

Today the weather seems much cooler. I really don't know that for sure since I haven't gone outside yet. I do feel much better though. I slept as much as I could yesterday since I felt exhausted. The kids were fine and even happy when I said they could have cereal for dinner. We go through Lucky Charms in less than a week although Joshua has discovered Coco Puffs.

I'm working on another pair for stripey socks for my niece (?) Kyli although it might look really cute as legwarmers too. Oh well, maybe next time since I started the heel. I'm so bad at trying to knit gifts especially birthdays so my cousin Hannah will just have to wait until the items are finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment