Sunday, October 12, 2008

weekend roundup

Yet another busy weekend at Chez Cheese...the highlights are:


  1. I finished a pair of scrunchie handwarmers for my cousin Hannah. I can't show them yet because she wants to wait and see them in person. :) I will say that I used the same yarn as mine (Noro Kureyon sock) but a different colorway. Reds, blues, greens etc....they look faboo.
  2. A fun, fun time at Circus Vargas Friday night; the kids and I especially loved it. I never had been to such a fun circus. I've been to Barnum and Bailey when I was about 8 or so but its usually held in a big arena with 3 rings of activities and we sat farther back since we couldn't afford the good seats. Circus Vargas has only one ring and we sat about 15 ft from the ring. Its a very good show for the price ($15/kid & $25/adult) and it lasted about 2 hours with a 15 minute intermission. Tyler even exclaimed that this was the MOST INCREDIBLE SHOW he's even seen!! Pretty big words from a 9 year old boy. I'm thinking of taking the kids again with my mom since she's always wanted to take the kids to the circus.
  3. Hector helped out at our elementary school for their School Beautification Day. Parents and kids can come and do minor repairs, paint, weed and general maintenance to better the school. Hector helped replace lots of hooks for the kids to hang their backpacks. We try to help as much as we can and its fun to be involved.
  4. Another soccer game for Josh and his team won 6-1. Josh didn't score a goal but he plays and runs hard so good effort from him and the rest of the team.
  5. Tonight is the LA Kings season opener so hopefully the team can make it work. Tonight we are also trying out a new babysitter. It gets harder and harder for my mom so we hope this babysitter can pick up the slack when my mom doesn't feel so well.
  6. On Saturday night I went with Kat and Heather to the Long Beach artwalk. It was a cold and windy night so that might have made a difference in the crowd plus it was very small. People were selling their artwork and crafts but I didn't see anything that leapt out at me. Lots of artists used skulls as a theme which was interesting. We didn't stay too long and as we reached the car, loud music came from a nearby parking lot. Kat says wow, they're really cool so we drive over one block and sure enough the band is playing in the parking lot in front of a bookstore that was closing. We got our and managed to catch the last 1 1/2 song before they finished. They are called Arrow Down and you can check them out on myspace.

So that's it for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment