Saturday, October 04, 2008

success

Here my darling hubby is wearing his socks. Don't they look great?


He went off to visit a friend and pick up some slammin godmother sandwiches. I hope the deli is still open...it's in Santa Monica.




anyway, I've been knitting like a fool. I finished the doggie sweater for the Rottie mix Bobbi and it turned out more like a horse blanket. I'm heading over there tomorrow so maybe I can get a good picture of her wearing it. I'm using recycled yarn from a sweater that I deconstructed so I have tons of gray wool to play with. I've finished a purse and a catchall bowl that needs to be felted. That means I purposely put wool that is supposed to be handwashed into the washing machine on HOT and let it go. The agitation and heat will felt the fibers together so that the stitched will not be visible. I'm going to finish up one more purse then throw them all in the washer together to save time and water. More on that later...




here is how they look before felting so stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment