Monday, October 27, 2008

Coming out of the shell


Lately I noticed Joshua speaking out more and initiating conversations. Tyler is a blabber mouth while Joshua tends to chime in. Joshua is now starting the conversations at school etc which makes me happy. Now I have to force myself to really listen for his voice because Josh now has something to say (not just repeating what Tyler says).


I helped out in Josh's class today and I paint the kids' hands with green paint to make handprints. Two years ago, I would have had a screaming, semi-hysterical boy that refused to touch paint, playdoh or shaving cream. Today he was perfect and cooperative.


Josh also got to lead the class in the pledge of allegiance so that was super cute to watch.


We pulled out the Halloween costumes to make sure everything is good and Josh is so excited to be Speed Racer. I can predict he will want to wear that costume everyday after Halloween.


No comments:

Post a Comment