Wednesday, October 29, 2008

art appreciation


Yesterday was Adventures in Art for Tyler's class and I agreed to help. We learned about Emil Nolde and his use of watercolors in Expressionism. The class was to do their own version of Red Poppies which was easy and fun to do. It looked like so much fun that I want to try it.

So today, Sherri and I along with Amber went to Joann's to get an idea of the cost. I found all the supplies which I can purchase separately when I saw a Chinese Brush kit which basically uses the same things but in a handy kit for only $19.99. Sherri and I oohed and awed over it but we were good and didn't buy it. I can come back later and use my 40% off coupon. :)

Tomorrow Josh's class will get to paint Red Poppies so I get to help twice. It will be nice to see how the two will turn out. Each child has their own individual style.

Click here for more Emil Nolde.

No comments:

Post a Comment