Friday, October 17, 2008

Finished

Here is a fun and easy project. Take some 100% wool (hand wash only), use big needles and knit a purse. When it is done, you think ugh that is a huge misshaped thing. But you throw this in a mesh bag or tied off pillowcase, put the washing machine (yes, that's right), set it on HOT with an old pair of jeans or towels and let it go. I set the washer for the longer setting and check the purse every 5 minutes. When the purse is the desired size, squeeze excess water out and blot out more water in a towel. Shape purse and let dry. And here is the finished purse. Big difference, huh? There are tons of books and websites that talk about felting which is fun for me once in a while.


I made a baby sweater from my friend who lives in the San Jose area. Here it is. The pattern said you can slip buttons through the stitches but that didn't seem right so I just added a clasp.


Now I will knit a little something for J so they will be toasty and warm this winter.



No comments:

Post a Comment