Sunday, January 13, 2008

ugh

Last night I woke up at 3:30am to a strange sound. A sort of scuffling, scraping sound. It wasn't windy outside so it couldn't be that. The noise came from the back of our house (the same side as our bedroom) so I checked downstairs and the sound was louder! Oh great, something animal is trapped underneath our house. Whatever it was it was scrabbling trying to get out. I wanted to go outside to see what it was but it was cold dark and it smelled faintly of skunk. Also plenty of other stuff was blocking the grate like the hose reel box and a big stump that I use to chop wood (yes, I'm a mountain woman) so moving all that to get potentially sprayed? No thanks. Of course Hector was gone overnight so I was left on my own to hear the dramatic scratching of our trapped skunk. I turned on the outside patio light and opened up our very loud sliding door and the noise stopped.

I wasn't about to do anything so I went back to bed but it took me a while to get back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment